Airport Housing Co-operative Society (AHCS)
Airport Housing co-operative society was formed in 2009 its registered offices being at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport opposite Kenya airports authority head office near the Fire Training School. The society has grown through the years and has over 600 active members and is still growing whereby 99 percent are employees of Kenya airports authority. Three hundred Kenya Airports Authority employees who are members of Airport Housing Co-operative Society Limited are set to build own houses on a 100-acre scheme in Kaputiei, Isinya, Kajiado County and more schemes are on the way.
The buying of plots and their development is the outcome of partnerships that link Airports Sacco Limited, Airport Housing Co-operative Society and mortgage firm Housing Finance. Members of the housing society obtain loans from the Sacco to buy plots and because they are Kenya Airports Authority employees, they qualify to join the parastatal’s housing loan scheme.
In its policy, the Ministry of Co-operative Development and Marketing does not allow Saccos to engaging in land buying and real estate development. Saccos that have such capacity are encouraged to form sister companies whose mandate would be to deal with land and real estate matters. That is the reason why Airports Sacco Limited created AHCS in 2009.
The society was established so as to:
- Provide its members with a living accommodation at a fair and reasonable price
- Offering amenities such as roads, drainage, water, sewerage light etc
- Acquire supplies of building materials and machinery of all kinds
- Lend money to members concerning accommodation
- Raise funds by accepting deposits and contracting loans to members
- An application for membership is done by filling a membership form and payment of an entrance fee of 1000
- A person working within Kenya Airports Authority is eligible to b a member
- Must be 18 years and above
- Is of sound mind
- Is of good character
- Is an heir to a deceased member provided that he shall not quality for the and privileges of membership until he attained 18 years.
Latest News Updates
- Pre-qualification of Service Providers
- 7th AGM to be held on 27th April 2014 at KALPHA Hall at Embakasi, Nairobi
- Malindi & Eldoret Plots for Sale
- Kaputiei investment committee report
- Our New Contacts
- Proposed Airport Housing Drumvale Estate
- Proposed Residential Development Drawings, Kaputiei, Kajiado County
- Members of AHCS set to build own houses on a 100-acre scheme in Kaputiei, Isinya, Kajiado County